Standard Birth Doula Package
Our standard birth doula package includes:
- An initial 45 min interview at no charge to get acquainted, go over birth philosophies and answer any questions you might have.
- Two prenatal visits (up to two hours in length) in which we will:
- explore your priorities, fears or concerns and plan how we will best work together
- discuss your pregnancy, concerns, nutritional and health status
- discuss your preferences for pain management options and hospital routines
- give you access to resources to help you sort through relevant information
- assist you in designing your personal birth plan
- Prenatal support via telephone and email from the moment you sign your contract.
- Access to our lending library.
Labour and Birth
- We are on call, 24 hours a day, for your birth.
- We can come to your home or to the hospital to support you in labour, whenever you feel you need us.
- We will support you during the labour and birth, physically and emotionally, with respect to the discussions and plans we have made prenatally.
- We will advise the staff as to your wishes and birth plan if the need arises and will discuss your concerns with you and suggest options. However, the clinical staff will only accept you or your partner’s directions.
- We will remain with you for up to two hours after the birth, sometimes more if necessary, until you are comfortable and your family is ready for quiet time together.
- We can assist you with breastfeeding if you desire.
- We will visit you in the hospital or at home one day postpartum.
- We will visit you at home 1 - 2 weeks postpartum to see how you are doing, review your birth and receive some feedback from you about our role.
The fee for this package is $950. This includes 18 hours of support at your birth. If your birth extends beyond 18 hours, an hourly fee of $25 will apply.